Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Random 2007 Thoughts

Lots of random things running through my mind these days...

Would I really be more happy as a goat farmer?

Is the "emergent church" a long term change in christendom, or just a pop trend?

When should I start seeds for my garden?

Why do I miss my son so much when I am away, yet find it hard to make time to play with him when I am home?

Why is war the answer?

When should we take down our Christmas tree? How late is TOO late?

How can a pot bellied pig be so smart, yet so damn hard to train?

How does one become more "present?"

Why do S. Asians like Durian? I have tried it twice now in the states, it really still sucks.

Why does wood heat feel warmer?

Why does 29 feel old?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Reading your questions inspired me to produce my own set of questions:

Does a 2-foot green bush count as a "Christmas tree"?

Why don't we have Durian in Bangladesh? And why the hell do people eat "Jack Fruit" food in Bangladesh? (tastes like rotten bananas to me)

I also think 29 feels old...but then I also wonder: when will I feel officially "grown up" and wise? Why don't I have the "answers" yet?

Where's the damn how-to book for raising a kid?

When will my daughter start copying me when I say "damn"?

How many more children in this world have to beg every day for food just to survive?

Why was Saddam executed? What purpose does that serve? (Granted, he was a war criminal, but...look at George W.!)

When will I stop worrying about money?

Will my scholarship really make a difference or will only a few other academics read my work?

Can I really be a good academic and a good mother? Why do I feel like there's not enough of me to go around?

Why do I feel like I'm mostly complaining?