Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bone Shirt


Every since he got his "bone shirt" late last summer, Kieran has been absolutely infatuated with his favorite sweatshirt with glow in the dark bones.  I am surprised this sweatshirt has not already worn out, as he wears it EVERY day that he is allowed, begs to sleep in it each night (he is wearing it to bed tonight with Mommies permission).  He loves to stand in front of a bright light and then turn off all the lights and see the bones glow.

I shouldn't have been surprised given his love of this sweatshirt, but when I was carefully explaining to him a few weeks back that we would all be dressing very nice for Easter Sunday and I needed his help to pick out his best clothes, he immediately responded with "my bone shirt is really, really nice!"  Sigh....  There was nothing I could do to convince him that a button up shirt and vest was "nicer" than his bone sweatshirt, so it was a rather distraught three year old in the back of car that morning on the way to church.

A week after Easter Sunday mommy was getting the boys dressed to go take portraits.  As she explained to Kieran that he was wearing clothes that looked very nice matched well with his brother Tristan he paused, and then asked in his most persuasive voice, "can I wear my bone shirt, 'cause I want to look nice AND cool!"  Needless to say, the cool factor did not end up meeting his expectations...

Luckily he still has some room to grow, so the bone shirt may be with us into 2010.   


1 comment:

Liz said...

That is a cool shirt, I want one, too!