Monday, May 25, 2009

Miso Soup

We have just begun introducing Tristan to food, with a couple attempts at rice pudding that caused quit a grimace by the little man.  Last night while eating sushi take-out, I gave Tristan a taste of miso soup.  Instead of grimace he had an absorbed look on his face as he tasted the new flavor.  On the second attempt he grapped the spoon and lunged forward to intercept the advancing spoon.  We were both surprised that he liked it so much.  Maranda commented, "I can't believe he likes that better than rice cereal.  My immediate response was, "I too like Miso soup better than rice cereal!"  

1 comment:

Liz said...

I always thought that Miso soup tastes like what I would expect to taste if I ever got the nerve up to taste the chemicals used for Kodak E-6 film processing based on the smell of the E-6 Chemicals.