Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thunder and Lightening

So we have had a couple amazing thunder and lightening storms recently.  Yesterday in the early am hours a really humdinger swept over our house, with cracks of lightening illuminating our darkened room and crashing thundering literally vibrating the windows!  Maranda and I marveled at the storm, and also at the fact that Kieran did not show up at our door or start screaming in his room.  I was pretty convinced that he must have somehow slept through the celestial heavy metal concert that passed over our house.

In the morning when I walked into Kieran's room to wake him up, he sat up quickly and began to excitedly tell me about the loud storm.  "It was so loud that I crawled under my covers to be safe.  Then I fell asleep still under the covers and got all sweaty when I woke up."  I asked him if we was scared and he said "a little, but not too bad."  As far as I know, this is the first time he has crawled under his covers during the night to feel safe, Maranda and I both got a kick out of him relaying the story.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ken. Way off topic here, but Jessica (my wife since last August) and I just got our first puppy--a vizsla from strong field trial/hunting lines. He joined us from Wisconsin, by way of Minneapolis. So far, Enzo has lived up to his name: fast, red, refined, imported, and expensive, with a sharp nose. I'm hoping he will prove to be a good companion, loyal protector of our 5-year-old son, and by far the less amateurish hunter in this particular duo, come next fall. Thought of you, dragging that silly wing in your house in Sherwood Forest back in the day, and here I am on the brink of doing just that, myself! Hope you are well, and I shan't soon forgive you for seeing the Himalaya before I! --Bryan and Jessica Berg