Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dogfish Head

Maranda and I occassionally sample a new brew in an effort to expand our growing knowledge and appreciation of beer. This week it payed off big with a fantastic discovery of Dogfish Head's Raison D'Etre. One of the most complex, interesting, and tasty beers I have ever had, this wondferful concoction is a very dark ale, loaded with flavors of molasses and plums. I noticed on the box that this beer was voted American beer of the year in 2000, clearly for good reason!!

For you seasoned specialty beer consumers, this is probably old hat and well known to you. For those like myself who are still discovering the tasty variations of the darker brews, check this one out at your local beer speciality store!

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

Hmmm...sounds interesting. I am still working on my like of beer, I need more light and fruity beers. But with the mention of the plum taste, I might have to try this one. -S

Ryan said...

Yeah, good stuff. I just had some the other day in fact. I will drink anything that Dogfish Head makes, some are better than others, but I don't think I've ever had anything bad that they make. Have you tried the Apri-Hop?

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken, traveling the world we have tastedsome pretty exotic beers. Some with 14% alcohol! But our most favorite was Dunkel Weiss by Erdinger, if you dont want it as heavy try Hefeweisse by Erdinger. Both great for your wheaty pallet! As for Music, try Artic Monkeys.........Maroon 5, for sunday morning.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous submitted by ME!! Stephanie White (Roberts)