Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Week From Hell

Last week was not a good week.

1. My dog Vic died, he escaped due to my negligence and was struck by a car.
2. I poured a cup of coffee on a 10K sound board at our church.
3. My company performed 10% layoffs severly affecting the work atmosphere. I came within a hairs breadth of quitting.
4. I was found in violation of property zoning laws and will have to get rid of my chickens (a neighbor reported us).
5. I was faced with some very serious problems in an important relationship.
6. I was told by my grad school professor that I needed to catch up or drop out.
7. And worst of all, I dropped an almost full Beer in my bathroom, shattering the bottle and wasting the beautiful Dos Equis Amber Ale (technically this happened last night, so it doesn't count...)

8 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

I'm sorry, my man (especially about the beer...).

Hang in there, and call if you want to rant (free Verizon minutes, don't you know!).

Sara K. said...

Dang!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,
I'm sorry you have had such a hard time! Sounds like things really piled up on you. I hope things smooth out over the next few weeks. Hang in there - this too shall pass.

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I can identify with your hurt, anger and frustration. I care!

Love, Dad

Mike Croghan said...

Hey Ken,

Dude, my Bloglines dropped you or something. :-( So I've missed out on your blog for a while. I knew about a lot of this, but not the Dos Equis. :-( :-( Sorry, brother. I hope you do get to come out and at least spend Sunday relaxing in the woods with us this weekend, and that life has stopped crapping on your head. You're a good man, Ken Tennyson.

Peace,
Croghan

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken ~
Sorry to see all this stuff has happened lately... hope you have a better week this week. Just want to let you know that I care I'll be praying for you.
Jeremy <><

Melissa said...

So sorry about the week from hell...hope things are looking up now.
Love, Missy

WMS said...

my bloglines dropped you (or your rss feed stopped?) so I didn't know about this! what a sucky week! is it getting better?