Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My Son is Amazing!!!

Check this story out!

Last night I called Maranda on my way home from work. After a few rings the phone was picked up, and after a few scuffling sounds Kieran's voice came on the line. Maranda often puts Kieran on the line, so I chatted with him for several minutes. He was happily babbling to me as we "chatted" back and forth, with the occasional rash of beeps as he pressed buttons on the phone. Several minutes into the "conversation" I asked mommy to get on the line... No answer. It then dawned on me that Kieran had answered the phone by himself! Incredulous, I asked Kieran to go find mommy. Over his babbles I could hear his feet shuffling down the hallway. Then in the background Maranda's voice talking to Kieran. A few moments later the phone was disconnected.

I called back and Maranda answered, she was exceedingly surprised to learn that I had been on the line with Kieran for several minutes! Apparently he came into the bedroom and held the cell phone up to her saying momomomom (a string of "moms"). Thinking he was just playing with the phone she did not take it from him, and a few moments later he closed the phone (perhaps he was frustrated that Mommy didn't follow his clear instructions!! ;).

Wow, not bad for a 14 month old!

Beaming with pride,
Ken

3 comments:

Mike Croghan said...

That is remarkable! Clearly, he has inherited his mom's intellect. ;-)

Maranda said...

Thanks Croghan! He is definitely a very smart kid. And I thought he was just playing with the phone and calling random people. Silly me, telling him to close the phone when it was for me! Duh, mom!

Melissa said...

Wow, that's so amazing! What a little smarty-pants. (Actually I think he's inherited his aunt's intellect. Hehe.) Maranda, you should just start using Kieran to screen your calls from now on. Tell him to hang up on the people you don't want to talk to.