Friday, April 20, 2007

Back to School

I have begun the process of applying to a Master's program with Gonzaga University. It is an two year online program in Organizational Leadership. They emphasize servant leadership and the program is intended to be transformational as well as educational. I have never been attracted to an MBA because it was too "heartless" for me. This program has been very successful and should work well with my schedule. I will start the first 8 week class in June. Wish me luck!

Here is a blurb from the acceptance e-mail:

Gonzaga's philosophy is based on the 450-year Ignatian model that aims to educate the whole person -- mind, body and spirit -- an integration of science and art, faith and reason, action and contemplation. This 36 hour online program is intended to meet the needs and schedules ofworking adults. With Gonzaga's program being the only one in thecountry to specialize in servant leadership, you will enjoy engaging dialog with a high caliber group of students taught by well-seasoned faculty, all with their Ph.D.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Ken, that's so exciting! Now we are both college students again!

Melissa said...

Ken, I'm so excited for you! It sounds like that program is a great fit for your philosophy and your schedule. Good for you!!!