Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Karunesh

I am completely thrilled with new age world music artist Karunesh. Every song on his album Global Spirit is a thrilling experience. These are not songs to listen to, but rather experience! He blends international sounds, especially native and tribal sounds and instruments, with an electronica rythym (this is my uneducated take, so I may be wrong!). If you are into something a little different, with sounds that transport you across the world, check out this album. He has a number of other albums that I have not listened to, but they come highly reviewed, check them out on his web site, where you can also listen to clips from each album.

My favorite songs from this album are Native Rituals, Punjab, Kubula Ma, and Earthsong. If you liked Sting's "Desert Rose," be sure to check out Punjab, the haunting vocals are amazing. If you are interested, I recommend the entire album as there is not a single "filler" song, they are all amazing.

If you happen to listen to any of his music, or are already a fan, please post your responses here, would love to hear your perspective.

No comments: