Thursday, November 09, 2006

B-Day Thoughts

On the day of my hallowed birthday, I though I would reflect on the BEST birthday present I have every received! Now you might be thinking of a Sony Playstation, or perhaps that first rifle years ago, but I have something even better in mind: The 2006 Mid-Term Elections! Wooo hoo, what a wonderful gift! And lest you think me facetious, this truly is a uplifting and tremendously exciting day for me. After years of watching a beautiful country take hawkish stance after hawkish stance, alienating ourselves from even our closest allies, it is wonderful to see the power in our Government re-balanced. Of course I will be deeply disappointed if the Dems use this as a chance to engage in witch hunts, something I strongly hope they avoid. My hope is that a more reasonable and sensitive government will emerge. Are the Democrats that much better in the end, I'm not absolutely sure yet. But I am sure that an imbalance of power in a Governmental system is NEVER a good thing, so this has got to help some!

For any friends or family members who might be miffed at my words above, gimme a break - it's my B-Day for goodness sake!!

No comments: