Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bukit Timah Natural Preserve

I spent the morning hiking about in Bukit Timah Natural Preserve. It is an original, untouched piece of rainforest that thankfully was set aside years ago. It is home to thousands of species of flora and fauna, and they are still discovering new species. I found it strange that the locals coming down the trail were all carrying small towels around their necks, but after 30 minutes in the sweltering 90 degree humidity under the canopy, I clearly understood! I could barely see sometimes due to the copious amounts of sweat poring off my brow. Needless to say, it was well worth the adventure. Given the poor lighting it wasn't a perfect environment for pictures, but thankfully a few shots turned out nicely, they are below. Click on the images for a larger pic.






No comments: