Friday, November 17, 2006

Singapore Zoo

A truly amazing zoo, famed fair and wide for its efforts to make the viewer feel completely in the natural habitat of the animals. Bars or other deterrants are hidden from view, giving an uncanny sense of having unhindered access to the animals. Not perhaps as revealing of Sinagpore culture as other posts (look for more to come shortly), but humor me in my love of the natural kingdom.

An amazing fruit bat, with a two foot wing span. They were flying all around me in the enclosed tropical habitat.



Wow, breathtaking. Especially when he would look directly at me!


One of Chloe's (my pot bellied pig) less attractive relatives.


A tropical flower


A wonderfuly playful baby hippo! A few moments later the enormous mother was carefully nudging the baby in order to push it up onto the shoreline. Wow!


Ring tails over my head in the enclosed tropical habitat. These guys are free to roam all around you.


Click on the images for larger pictures.

No comments: